While you’re in the throes of wedding planning there’s so much to consider including the honeymoon budget. Throwing the biggest party of your life and having a fabulous honeymoon vacation can get you into some serious debt. Well, not to worry. Here are five honeymoon ideas real brides and grooms have used to save time, money and get some serious, stress-free R & R after the big day.
1. Take a Cruise It may sound simple and blase, yet a cruise saves time and stress in the planning process. Cruises are all-inclusive, making your planning very easy. The off-season, just before peak season, is still good weather, not busy and the rates are pretty good. Additionally, all the other amenities you’d come to expect are there giving you both a luxurious experience. Cruise lines also have partnership deals with tour companies at each destination allowing for great savings on excursions. Family and friends can gift you upgrades with some of these tours making your experience even better.
2. Dump the Gift Registry How About A Honeymoon Fund?: Instead of signing up for a gift registry and getting plates and toasters you’ll never use, create your own “honeymoon” registry. Friends and family can donate to the honeymoon fund helping you to go to fun and exciting places.
3. Use a Travel Agent Have someone else do the work while you worry about the wedding. Give the travel agent ideas of where you’d like to go. They’ll take care of the rest. And, since you’ll be exhausted from the celebration, arrange to have the honeymoon experience all-inclusive. Get yourselves pampered for great R & R. Travel agents have amazing deals to unique, secluded places. A good travel agent will save you time and money.
4. Live and Eat With the Locals Disappearing from the busy resorts and taking in the local culture of your honeymoon destination can create a unique experience you’ll treasure for years to come. AirBnB has quality destinations globally and the local eateries, restaurants and pubs will give you a true flavor of the culture your visiting.
5. All-Inclusive For some an all-inclusive resort offers brides simple to luxurious choices for their honeymoon getaway. Transportation, dining, drinks and entertainment are covered. You’ll even find some resorts that include such things as scuba diving, snorkeling, kayaks, sailboats and tennis. Also consider resorts where the airfare is less. Locations like Dominican Republic or Mexico are less airfare allowing you to enjoy more at the resort.
Set your stress about the honeymoon aside. Use these honeymoon planning tips to save you time and money so you can focus on what matters most, your big day and the vows to each other.